Yesterday, I had the time to go through an interesting article by Janine Popick, 'Don't Let Meetings Suck Your Time'. The author mentions her five reasons for hating meetings, mainly:
1. Most people who are in meetings don't need to be there
2. Meetings allow people to delay decisions
3. Many people who call a meeting don't have a clear agenda or objective
4. People call meetings because they're afraid to make a decision
5. People call 30-minute meetings for things that can be decided in five minutes
Not to mention the costs involved in relation to such useless meetings.
Ok, so communication is vital and the exchange of ideas helps an organisation in many ways but in many cases people can probably come together and give the go-ahead in seconds rather than book a room, meet, present a PowerPoint presentation and come to a decision that someone else needs to decide!
For the whole article: http://www.inc.com/janine-popick/dont-let-meetings-suck-your-time.html
her blogs directly to your inbox
Advertise with us!
*askdorianne.com believes in partnering with individuals and companies who are passionate and innovative. If you are looking for a loyal audience who will get excited about the content we share, please contact us here.
For any freelance articles related to lifestyle or fashion, feel free to drop us a line here.